I have always loved journaling and in the past couple of years have spent some time putting effort into trying to consistently meditate. I use the word “effort” because I really do find it almost impossible to quite my mind. But, I really do love it so maybe effort really isn’t the right word…
On Monday evening I read this post – How To Harness The Power Of Tonight’s Sky With A New Moon Circle – and decided to roughly (because I was alone) follow the guidelines.
New Moons represent beginning. They are for planting seeds and setting intentions for our dreams, goals and wishes. They’re an opportunity to take ownership for what we want to manifest and to commit to the actions, thoughts and behaviors necessary to get us there.
- Write down your current emotional state – Uncertain.
- 5-10 minute meditation – I followed this guided meditation on YouTube and really enjoyed it.
- Reflect on what has been revealed to you through above process.
- Write out your intentions – see below.
- I then used my Angels Answers cards to answer / guide me through some of the many questions I have every day (this is a step I added in) – I was given this card deck for Christmas and have been using them almost daily.
- Close with a short meditation – I just did ten deep breaths.
I am confident that I am integrating my passion professionally. – this is a constant work in progress but I am incredibly lucky to have a boss that completely understands what “energises you [me] and gets you [me] going and we need to utilise that more here” as he told me in my recent performance appraisal.
I am strong and healthy. – I have had such a good 2016 in this regard. I have enjoyed getting up early and either doing some weights training (I haphazardly follow Kayla’s guides), yoga or going for a cycle. BUT, I have had an ear, nose & throat infection coupled with a bad fever all week. Maybe my body is trying to get rid of all the ugliness by sweating it all out now?
I am well rested and this will result in a productive week. – It has been given my sickly state.
They’re a time to give and receive — to form community.
On this second point; I want to start a monthly Women’s New Moon Circle – or Womoon as I have decided to name it. Who would like to join me? If you read the article linked to above I cannot imagine why you wouldn’t want to. It sounds divine. We can meet at my home at the time of the New Moon (I’ll provide tea) and for those of you that do not live in Jhb we can “meet” via Skype? Let me know! I am really excited about this.
(I saved all the pictures from my Snapchat story on Monday. If you would like to connect there my username is femmegypsy)